Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jorge Lazo <jl...@bcgsc.ca> on 2015/03/05 19:02:04 UTC

Parsing cluster result's docs

Hi,

I have a Solr instance using the clustering component (with the Lingo
algorithm) working perfectly. However when I get back the cluster
results only the ID's of these come back with it. What is the easiest
way to retrieve full documents instead? Should I parse these IDs into a
new query to Solr, or is there some configuration I am missing to return
full docs instead of IDs?

If it matters, I am using Solr 4.10.

Thanks.

Re: Parsing cluster result's docs

Posted by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@carrotsearch.com>.
Hi,

> I have a Solr instance using the clustering component (with the Lingo
> algorithm) working perfectly. However when I get back the cluster results
> only the ID's of these come back with it. What is the easiest way to
> retrieve full documents instead? Should I parse these IDs into a new query
> to Solr, or is there some configuration I am missing to return full docs
> instead of IDs?
>
> If it matters, I am using Solr 4.10.

Clustering results are attached to the regular Solr response (the text of
the documents), much like shown in the docs:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Result+Clustering, so with
the default configuration you should be getting both clusters and document
content. If that's not the case, please post your solrconfig.xml and the
URL you're using to initiate the search/clustering.

Staszek