Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> on 2012/08/12 13:08:12 UTC

OM Logo

On the logo idea, I would like people to think about well known logos, and the types of images these are and how people relate these to the company/organisation that uses them.

I have attached three images, one is a picture of several well know logos.  They range from the company’s name to a picture and to just a symbol.

Which do you think is the most effective?  Is it effective because of market dominance, or because of uniqueness (or maybe both) ?

Which logo best transcends cultures and languages ?   I rather like the Toyota logo and the panda logo as they are language independent.  The Toyota logo is interesting as it holds no meaning to my culture, other that its symbol being representative of the Toyota company, however the majority of people in my country would know this logo and identify it with Toyota, similar as they would the Mercedes logo.

The other two images are of meeting tables, as I think a great logo would be a simple line drawing of a round table with stick figure people around the table.  If I were truly creative, I would draw such an image, or suggest a better image, but I am not. I am hoping that this will give others who may be more creative than myself a few ideas to try.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

RE: OM Logo

Posted by "V. Trizna" <Vi...@uclouvain.be>.
Hello George and all,

Do you mean something like this ?

I made a variation on one idea, these are completely modifiable (colors, font, texture, angle, …)

That’s an example of a logo and there would be the associated banner with full text :

All the best,

Vital,