Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wolfgang <wk...@ebi.ac.uk> on 2007/10/03 17:07:08 UTC

h:commandButton link

Hi,

I can use the action parameter of the h:commandButton to change to
another xhtml site.
But can I also link to a internet site for example google.de?

Cheers Wolfgang

Re: h:commandButton link

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Command button passes the outcome and the action to the navigation
handler. If you want it to work with external URLs, you would have to
code that into your navigation handler. Instead, the best solution is
to send a redirect to the external URL. Navigation really should be
reserved for inter-application navigation.

-Andrew