Posted to user@roller.apache.org by fooe <fo...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/12 12:15:00 UTC

Some

version: 2.3
platform: windows
server:  tomcat5.5
db : mysql-5
I am a roller user from china. there are some problem when I using It.
1. internationalization. when I open my browser (select zh_CN as my default
language) ,I found many words still present in english.I make some change in
taglibs.jsp  " request.setAttribute("mLocale",
            LanguageUtil.getViewLocale(request).getDisplayName());"
->" request.setAttribute("mLocale",
            LanguageUtil.getViewLocale(request).getDefault());"
2. search webentity. when I input some chinese charactor . some clobber will
present .because this form using "get" method roller's CharEncodingFilter
only filter "request" .
3. when I open a webentity (using chinese charactor as it's title) I found
the comment component was disappeared. I guess this component using
webentity's title as a parameter. when I filter the "response" in
CharEncodingFilter  problems of 2 and 3 disappeared.
4. after I input some comment for one webentity and publish them.I found I
can't publish anothe comment. because the "question" not changed in the
browser,but server side have make some change. I think it due to ajax.So I
have make some change  in /theme/scripts/clientSideInclude.js .Add
"url=url+"?time=" + new Date().getTime();" at the begin in function
clientSideInclude(id,url).
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Some

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Comments inline below.

> I am a roller user from china. there are some problem when I using It.
> 1. internationalization. when I open my browser (select zh_CN as my
> default
> language) ,I found many words still present in english.I make some change
> in
> taglibs.jsp  " request.setAttribute("mLocale",
>            LanguageUtil.getViewLocale(request).getDisplayName());"
> ->" request.setAttribute("mLocale",
>            LanguageUtil.getViewLocale(request).getDefault());"

LanguageUtil tries to determine the appropriate locale based on the request.
What this means is that something in your request is specifying a different
locale than what you intend.  I'd check your browser settings.  The
getDefault() change you made is forcing the code to use the server's default
locale for all requests.   This is not recommended.

> 2. search webentity. when I input some chinese charactor . some clobber
> will
> present .because this form using "get" method roller's CharEncodingFilter
> only filter "request" .

For URI parameters, you need to make sure that the URIEncoding attribute on
the Tomcat connector is set to UTF-8.  See Step 6 of the installation guide.

> 3. when I open a webentity (using chinese charactor as it's title) I found
> the comment component was disappeared. I guess this component using
> webentity's title as a parameter. when I filter the "response" in
> CharEncodingFilter  problems of 2 and 3 disappeared.

You should not have to do this.  Fix the Tomcat configuration as specified
in Step 6 of the installation guide.  Also, if you have a meta tag with a
Content-Type header in your theme, make sure it specifies charset=UTF-8.

> 4. after I input some comment for one webentity and publish them.I found I
> can't publish anothe comment. because the "question" not changed in the
> browser,but server side have make some change. I think it due to ajax.So I
> have make some change  in /theme/scripts/clientSideInclude.js .Add
> "url=url+"?time=" + new Date().getTime();" at the begin in function
> clientSideInclude(id,url).

Yes.  This was a bug in Roller 2.3 which appeared on certain browsers,
particularly IE.  There is a fix in 3.0:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1225

Your change will also serve as a workaround.