Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com> on 2011/02/22 15:09:49 UTC

Python client for Deltacloud API

Hi,

Recently I created a small and simple (thus stupid;) Python client for
Deltacloud API.

It has just very basic and limited functionality but you can launch an
instance, or list images.

I hope someone will pickup up this and improve it (add more functionality).

https://github.com/mifo/deltacloud-python

   -- Michal

Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com
Deltacloud API: http://deltacloud.org

Re: Python client for Deltacloud API

Posted by Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com>.
On 23/02/2011, at 1:09 AM, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I created a small and simple (thus stupid;) Python client for
> Deltacloud API.
>
> It has just very basic and limited functionality but you can launch an
> instance, or list images.
>
> I hope someone will pickup up this and improve it (add more functionality).
>
> https://github.com/mifo/deltacloud-python

Good timing.  We'll need to add it to the DC site. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Python client for Deltacloud API

Posted by Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com>.
On 23/02/2011, at 12:59 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 15:09 +0100, Michal Fojtik wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently I created a small and simple (thus stupid;) Python client for
>> Deltacloud API.
>>
>> It has just very basic and limited functionality but you can launch an
>> instance, or list images.
>>
>> I hope someone will pickup up this and improve it (add more functionality).
>>
>> https://github.com/mifo/deltacloud-python
>
> How about just sticking that into the Apache deltacloud repo ? For the
> time being, I think it would be best to have all the clients in the main
> repo.

That sounds like a really good idea.  Much easier for end users to get things
that way. :)

+ Justin

Re: Python client for Deltacloud API

Posted by Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com>.
On 23/02/2011, at 10:44 PM, Michal Fojtik wrote:
<snip>
> Definitely good idea +1. Will sent a patch with this client. What about
> directory structure? Should we do something like:
>
> /
> /server
> /client
> /python
> /php
>
> or you have better idea?

For the next bit - getting it to people for them to use - how fast can you get
it into Pypi? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Python client for Deltacloud API

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
On 24/02/11 16:12 -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
>On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 23:52 +1100, Justin Clift wrote:

>> > I just meant where we should put client code for 'other languages', like Python or
>> > PHP in reaction to David.
>>
>> How about "in a /clients subdirectory"?  ("clients" with an "s" on the end
>> to denote plural)
>
>I like that:
>
>        clients/
>          ruby
>          python
>          php
>          java
>          intercal

ACK. I'll import Python client here. Also please feel free to post patches
with other clients using "git format-patch". Please keep in mind that those
needs to be 'relicensed' with ASF.

   -- Michal

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 23:52 +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 24/02/2011, at 7:58 AM, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> > On Feb 23, 2011, at 6:49 PM, Felipe Cardoso Martins wrote:
> >
> >> Michal,
> >>
> >> what do you think about?
> >
> > I just meant where we should put client code for 'other languages', like Python or
> > PHP in reaction to David.
>
> How about "in a /clients subdirectory"?  ("clients" with an "s" on the end
> to denote plural)

I like that:

        clients/
          ruby
          python
          php
          java
          intercal

David

Re: Python client for Deltacloud API

Posted by Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com>.
On 24/02/2011, at 7:58 AM, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2011, at 6:49 PM, Felipe Cardoso Martins wrote:
>
>> Michal,
>>
>> what do you think about?
>
> I just meant where we should put client code for 'other languages', like Python or
> PHP in reaction to David.

How about "in a /clients subdirectory"?  ("clients" with an "s" on the end
to denote plural)

>> /
>> /server
>> /client
>> /client/ruby
>> /client/python
>> /client/php
>>
>> I begin write yesterday a extension of Zend_Service like
>> Zend_Service_Amazon_EC2...

Awesome. :)

Re: Python client for Deltacloud API

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
On Feb 23, 2011, at 6:49 PM, Felipe Cardoso Martins wrote:

> Michal,
>
> what do you think about?

I just meant where we should put client code for 'other languages', like Python or
PHP in reaction to David.

 -- Michal

> /
> /server
> /client
> /client/ruby
> /client/python
> /client/php
>
> I begin write yesterday a extension of Zend_Service like
> Zend_Service_Amazon_EC2...
>
> []'s
>
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> How about just sticking that into the Apache deltacloud repo ? For the
>>> time being, I think it would be best to have all the clients in the main
>>> repo.
>>
>> Definitely good idea +1. Will sent a patch with this client. What about
>> directory structure? Should we do something like:
>>
>>  /
>>  /server
>>  /client
>>  /python
>>  /php
>>
>> or you have better idea?
>>
>>  -- Michal
>>

>>> Of course, that will trigger a complex search for the right directory ;)
>>>
>>> David
>>>

>> --
>> Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com
>> Deltacloud API: http://deltacloud.org

> Abraço,
>
> Felipe Cardoso Martins
> felipe.cardoso.martins@gmail.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/felipecardosomartins
>
> “O segredo do prazer no trabalho pode ser resumido em uma palavra: excelência.
> Saber como fazer bem algo é ter prazer nisso. ”
> Pearl Buck

Michal Fojtik
Software Engineer, Deltacloud API project
http://www.deltacloud.org
mfojtik@redhat.com

Re: Python client for Deltacloud API

Posted by Felipe Cardoso Martins <fe...@gmail.com>.