Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> on 2001/12/05 17:52:55 UTC

Re: jar files....

Wilson, Bob wrote:

>I'm curious to know what jar files are required for Jetspeed to run with
>TOMCAT.  I think I have messed up my files somehow.
>
>Which ones for TOMCAT 3.2.3 (and jar versions)?
>
>Which ones for Jetspeed 1.3a2 nightly build 10-29-01 (with versions)?

The generated jetspeed.war file should include all the needed jar files
to run with a standard servlet container into the WEB-INF/lib directory.

(Generated by typing ./build.[bat|sh] war in the build/ subdirectory

In my copy, those are:

[sgala@patusan sgala]$ ls
~/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib/
activation.jar    jetspeed-1.3a2-release.jar                   uddi4j.jar
castor-0.9.3.jar  log4j-1.1.jar
velocity-1.2-dev.jar
ecs-1.4.1.jar     mail.jar
village-1.5.3-dev.jar
hsql.jar          postgresql.jar
xalan-2.0.1.jar
jdbc-se2.0.jar    soap.jar
turbine-2.2b1-20011124.jar  xerces_1_3_1.jar

Note: I'm using postgresql, so it appears in the listing. It would not
be there in a default install.

Versions have changed recently (turbine, velocity, village)

Note: One failure of the build process is that it does not delete jar
files unless you ./build clean So, a lot of times there are problems
with dual turbine*.jar or dual velocity*.jar. The old one *must* be removed.