Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/28 23:43:24 UTC

Using the DistributedCache with pig

I was just curious if anyone might have a decent code example of using the
distributed cache with Pig?

I have a file, let's call it file.dat, and I want to make it available
locally to all of my maps... what is the easiest way to use the distributed
cache to do this? Are there some pig internals that might have a decent
example of this?

Thanks in advance, and pardon if this is a simplistic question
Jon

Re: Using the DistributedCache with pig

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1752 has a patch (checked
into trunk) that allows UDFs to store files in the distributed cache.

Alan.