Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Bidouille <oo...@free.fr> on 2020/11/15 11:28:57 UTC

Flyer for AOO

Hello team,

In french forum, a volunteer has released our flyer.
I submit here: https://forum.openoffice.org/fr/forum/download/file.php?id=139920
Sorry no english version.

Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Keith, Emilie,

Just FYI: We also have a Flyer project from the German community.
The plan was to update and print them in German, English and French and
to distribute them on various open source events. Obviously this didn't
happen *this* year...

But: Flyer as a format only make sense if they get printed.
Are there plans to print and distribute them?

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 11/17/2020 11:39 AM, Emilie Drd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> French and English are both my native languages so I’m fine with doing the English version. It shouldn’t take too much time. But I would be happy to have your advice once I finish.
>
> Kind regards,
> Emilie Durand

Emile;

I did not realize that you were a native speaker of both. I am very
happy to play editor.

Regards
Keith

Re: Product Pages - was Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 11/17/2020 7:02 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
<snip>

>>> Once we switch tomorrow it will make sense to let the l10n list know about the simplification in the product markdown and ask them to consider translating the product page.
>>>
>>> Do you think that the English version should be updated first?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>> I am not sure that it really matters if the English version gets done
>> first or not. Do you see any benefit from having the English one updated
>> first? The only possible one that I see is if doesn't have a working
>> knowledgs of French thean having the english one to translate from might
>> be a good idea.
>
> Exactly. Well, if we have English, French and German a l10n person can take their pick.
>
> It comes to me also that some of what we want we should have strings for in the SDF files.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Yes having the 3 languages would be helpful. As far as there being
strings in the sdf file; All I can say is that historically the two
translation processes have been totally separate and I have no idea if
it is even feasible for the two too be merged. Hopefully someone more
knowledgeable with both processes can speak to that.

 Regards

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

RE: Flyer for AOO

Posted by Emilie Drd <e....@hotmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

RE: Flyer for AOO

Posted by Emilie Drd <e....@hotmail.com>.
Hello!

________________________________
Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Bidouille,

Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by Bidouille <oo...@free.fr>.

Re: Flyer for AOO

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Bidouille,

Am 15.11.20 um 12:28 schrieb Bidouille:
> Hello team,
>
> In french forum, a volunteer has released our flyer.
> I submit here: https://forum.openoffice.org/fr/forum/download/file.php?id=139920
> Sorry no english version.

Great!

Do you plan to distribute them on events when the situation gets better?
Looking at the high download numbers, AOO has a strong position in France.

FOSDEM next year is only virtual, but I hope for 2022! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

P.S.: The official AOO logo can be found here:
https://www.apache.org/logos/?#openoffice