Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ron Clough <rv...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/18 05:01:02 UTC

Steps to install downloaded AOO 4.1.5 installation file?

Operating system Win 8.1   Current AOO version 4.1.4

I now realise I made my previous enquiry too complex, so I'm now focusing
on the essential point.

I have downloaded the full installation file from openoffice.org/download and
the correct filename appears in my Download folder:
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.5_Win_x86_install-en-GB.exe .

However, when I click on the above file to get it to execute, nothing
appears to happen - e.g., no icons appear on desktop. Is there something
more I need to do?

Thanks.  Ron

Re: Steps to install downloaded AOO 4.1.5 installation file?

Posted by Ron Clough <rv...@gmail.com>.
Thankyou to Brian and Martin.

Now successfully installed.

(The previous message was on 15 Jan 2018, with subject 'Cannot locate
downloaded 4.1.5 installation file'.)

Ron

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.