Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Sie, Yang" <ya...@fmr.com> on 2008/12/12 20:19:51 UTC

Axis2: xml string as response, half encoded message

Hello:

I am using Axis2-1.4. The soap response message appeared in soap monitor
something like:

<ns:return>
   &lt;TestResult>
     &lt;FirstName>
       Doe&lt;/FirstName>

In above case, the response is actually a string (represented in XML),
i.e.

<TestResult>
     <FirstName>
       Doe</FirstName>

I can see correct format in my IE client or Tomcat console (guess the
client does its own parsing/decoding, etc.), but why in soap monitor, I
am seeing the half encoded message (i.e. only "<" is encoded as &lt; but
">" is not encoded at all)?  Why half encoded?

Some background fact: I created the XML myself in my java code. I don't
have an xml schema; and I use code first method for my service
development; I use wsdl2java to generate stub to use for my service
client.

Thank you.

---Yang