Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ivan Cheung <iv...@pobox.com> on 2008/04/25 05:02:01 UTC

custom JDBCRealm in Tomcat 5.5

Hi,

I have trying to do some custom authentication

I have written myRealm to extend JDBCRealm

modify server.xml

<Realm  className="MyRealm"

add the jar file that contsin MyRealm in tomcat's server/lib directory

The only problem is tomcat won't start

it keep  throwing this exception

usage: java org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina [ -config {pathname} ] [
-nonaming ] { start | stop }
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
org/apache/catalina/realm/JDBCRealm

I am not using org/apache/catalina/realm/JDBCRealm why would it throw that ?

I have seen people suggest writing a mbeans-descriptors.xml file and put it
under
server/classes/org/apache/catalina/mbeans/  , there was not much instruction
but I tried it anyway with same error.

Does anyone know how to properly configure tomcat to use my custom
JDBCRealm?

Thanks,
Ivan