Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/26 17:00:39 UTC

rampart + maven2 == Unable to obtain unarchiver

I completed the guide POJO Web Services using Apache Axis2 (
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/pojoguide.html ). Instead of using ant
I used maven2, everything is working fine.

Now I am trying to add security using rampart, so I added:

         <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.rampart</groupId>
            <artifactId>rampart-core</artifactId>
            <version>1.3</version>
        </dependency>

And I get this error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Unable to obtain unarchiver for file
'/home/smore/.m2/repository/org/apache/axis2/addressing/1.3/addressing-1.3.mar'

Can anyone offer some pointers on how to get maven to work with rampart ?

-Thanks
Steve More

RE: rampart + maven2 == Unable to obtain unarchiver

Posted by si...@bt.com.
Hi Steve,

>From my point of view it should be resolved automatically when you are
using an mar based artifact. Although I don't have any clue where to
post a JIRA for this. Maybe the plugin shouldn't exclude the dependency
as I stated in my previous message. That sounds reasonable to me.

Sietse

Posted by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>.
> I think the problem is a missing dependency. A quick look at the pom
> file of the addressing plugin pointed me into the
> axis2-mar-maven-plugin. It is excluded into the dependencies, but I
> don't know why.

Should I add this as a JIRA issue ?

> Thus adding the following snippet might solve the error:
>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
>   <artifactId>axis2-mar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>   <version>1.3</version>
> </dependency>

Yes, this solved my problem.

-Thanks
Steve More

RE: rampart + maven2 == Unable to obtain unarchiver

Posted by si...@bt.com.
Hi Steve,

I think the problem is a missing dependency. A quick look at the pom
file of the addressing plugin pointed me into the
axis2-mar-maven-plugin. It is excluded into the dependencies, but I
don't know why.

My wild guess is including it and it should be able to use the mar file.
It sounds pretty reasonable that you need that plugin imho (or is it
already in your local m2 repo?).

Thus adding the following snippet might solve the error:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
  <artifactId>axis2-mar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.3</version>
</dependency>

Regards,
Sietse