Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "jorgeeflorez ." <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/14 12:35:22 UTC

Custom FileDataStore

Hi all,
I have been tasked to store repository files in file system, but not like
it is handled by OakFileDataStore which uses a single directory. Instead,
the customer wants to define one or more directories that can be on
different hard disks, so that "in theory" disk space will never be a
problem, you just "add" another directory and use it to store files.

I am thinking that this could be possible, I could just create a class that
works like FileDataStore but handling several directories instead just one
and implement SharedDataStore like OakFileDataStore does.

I am still thinking about it. If you think it is not possible or if there
is another alternative, please let me know. Thanks.

Regards.

Jorge

Re: Custom FileDataStore

Posted by "jorgeeflorez ." <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jörg,

thank you for your reply. Indeed, LVM sounds like an interesting
alternative. I will read more about it.

Jorge

Re: Custom FileDataStore

Posted by Jörg Hoh <jh...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.