Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Givens <mi...@NAU.EDU> on 2001/10/26 18:22:49 UTC

User jsp dirs via Apache

I'm trying to set up Tomcat 4.0.1 to access jsp files
from user directories, so that a url with ~username will
be directed to that user's public jsp directory.
I am using Apache 1.3.12 configured with the Warp connector
to Tomcat to execute jsp's. This is on a Solaris 8 server.
I have also added the Listener element under the Host
element for the warp connector in server.xml as follows:
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
	directory="public_html/jsp_directory"
	userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase"/>
My problem is that Apache uses the mod_userdir module to direct
~username urls to the public_html directories, overriding the
connection to the Tomcat server. Is there some way I can configure
Apache to allow the jsp user dir urls to go to Tomcat?

Thanks,
Mike Givens
Sr. Internet Developer
Northern Arizona University