Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by dg...@hyperreal.org on 1998/03/02 02:20:32 UTC

Re: general/1802: apache looses children

Synopsis: apache looses children

Comment-Added-By: dgaudet
Comment-Added-When: Sun Mar  1 17:20:32 PST 1998
Comment-Added:
How many log files does your server have?  I've got a similar report
from another glibc user and I'm trying to narrow the differences.
See http://bugs.apache.org/index/full/1893 for details on the other
user's system.  If you could tell me about any similarities you
see with your system that'd be great.

Thanks
Dean

Dean

Re: general/1802: apache looses children

Posted by Gergely Madarasz <go...@caesar.elte.hu>.
On 2 Mar 1998 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

> Synopsis: apache looses children
>
> Comment-Added-By: dgaudet
> Comment-Added-When: Sun Mar  1 17:20:32 PST 1998
> Comment-Added:
> How many log files does your server have?  I've got a similar report
> from another glibc user and I'm trying to narrow the differences.
> See http://bugs.apache.org/index/full/1893 for details on the other
> user's system.  If you could tell me about any similarities you
> see with your system that'd be great.

$ grep Log httpd.conf | grep -v ^\# | wc -l
     33

The kernel is stock 2.0.33, libc is now 2.0.7pre1-1 (from the debian
package) but it happened with 2.0.5c and 2.0.6 too.

Btw it really seems to be a SIGCHLD handling problem. In my bugreport I
mentioned a problem with PHP too. It is gone now, since I've added a
signal(SIGCHLD,SIG_DFL); to the beginning of the php parser so it resets
the SIGCHLD signal handler before every php script. Now there is only a
problem with the master server.

I couldnt find any other significant similarities... just the kernel/glibc
versions and PHP...

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org