Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> on 2010/01/01 11:00:57 UTC

Re: ASF Parent POM [Re: maven dependency issues]

The maven project document something? Surely you joke...

I'm guessing the idea is that you inherit certain core properties that are common to most ASF projects and override the ones you don't like. At the least it is interesting to see some of the things maven people put in their own ideal maven pom file.

The idea of having another parent is the diametric opposite of what Andrus is wanting, so I can't see that getting his vote :-) I feel certain that if we included it, another 20 jars would download which themselves depend on 74 other jars...

Ari

--

Aristedes Maniatis