Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com> on 2009/01/05 23:48:30 UTC

Periodic sync of journal failed: Unable to return record iterater.

Hi all there!

Using jackrabbit 1.4.1... I'm trying Clustering configuration out,
although not clustered yet, with one single machine in the cluster, with
the DB being on localhost, from time to time i get the following error
on the log:

22:35:57,983 ERROR [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.ClusterNode:277]
Periodic sync of journal failed: Unable to return record iterater.

It doesn't seem to cause any issues but again, this is just one machine
using clustering configuration. In other words, a single node cluster.

The error seems to come up once i attempt uploading a file after say 15
minutes of inactivity... The upload works however and if i do a second
upload or download, i don't see this appearing in the log until after
another period of inactivity.

What could be causing this? How can I correct it? What would be the
impact in a multi-node setup?

Thanks to all!

Re: Periodic sync of journal failed: Unable to return record iterater.

Posted by Sébastien Launay <se...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi,

Thomas Müller a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> 22:35:57,983 ERROR [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.ClusterNode:277]
>
>> Periodic sync of journal failed: Unable to return record iterater.
>>

> I found the message "Unable to return record iterater" in a class called
> SakaiDatabaseJournal from the http://www.sakaiproject.org - do you use this
> class or was it a typo?
>
> Could you post the complete stack trace please?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

This typo has been fixed in 1.5.0 release, and therefore still exists
in Jackrabbit 1.4.x and earlier releases:

Sébastien Launay

Re: Periodic sync of journal failed: Unable to return record iterater.

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com>.
Well... i would experience the same issue in the underlying app, it uses
the same db, additionally the db server is configured to timeout on idle
connections after 8 hours, and that has not passed when i get those
errors..

Is there any config to the cluster to renew connections if they have
gone wrong?

Thanks!

Posted by "Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)" <Br...@lexisnexis.co.uk>.