Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com> on 2013/05/28 22:59:21 UTC

svn2jira Integration

Some of the PMC probably already saw this on the Apache committers list - http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html

This looks kind of useful, we have this a little bit already since the build server will comment on JIRA issues if you mention an issue key though I think this may only happen if you've added new tests in your commit(s)?

Is it worth us requesting to have turn this on so issues will receive continuous comments as commits mention them rather than only when an appropriate build has succeeded?  I guess this depends on whether others are frequently including issue keys in commit messages and whether they find having the commit message duplicated to JIRA be valuable or not, most devs are probably reading the commit log or subscribed to the commits list but users reporting issues may not be and this may be a nice way for them to have more visibility that their issue is being worked on.

Rob

Re: svn2jira Integration

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.
This is now set up, mentioning a JIRA key in a commit message will have
that commit message added as a comment to the relevant JIRA issue

Rob

Re: svn2jira Integration

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.

Re: svn2jira Integration