Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/02/01 22:43:41 UTC

First Official Austin Hadoop User Group - March 18th

Hi Folks

This note is to let you know that we'll be kicking off the inaugural
Austin Hadoop User Group on March the 18th. At present, we have speakers
lined up from IBM and Rackspace and will cover quite a wide variety of
topics along with a few demos. This event will follow directly on the
heels of the SXSW Interactive conference. Pizza, beer and soft drinks will
be provided BUT we are still looking for a location to host the meeting
somewhere downtown or reasonably close to it. Do you work for a company
that would be interesting in sponsoring a location ? I believe we're
likely to have within 15 to 30 attendees initially so we'd need a large
room with a projector.

The initial sentiment, based on discussions I've had with people
interested in attending, is that the group will cover both Hadoop and Big
Data concerns in general. If you'd like to attend, present a topic or are
interested in sponsorship, please send me a note directly so I can put you
on the distribution list (and it will also help me with catering). I'll
also be posting the event on the door64.com event calendar.

Kind regards
Steve Watt
swatt@us.ibm.com