Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Zhang, Yi (Eason)" <yi...@esgyn.cn> on 2016/06/24 14:16:39 UTC

Trafodion 2.0 docker image

Hi All,

I have created a docker image for Trafodion2.0 which is running on top of Apache Hadoop 2.6.0 + Apache Hbase 1.0.0.

Please have a try if you are interested in, the image download size on docker hub is only 600MB and 1.5GB when saved to local, much smaller than a virtualbox image.

REPOSITORY             TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED             SIZE
trafodion/quickstart   2.0                 7c9b94448eaa        21 hours ago        1.537 GB

See details on:
https://hub.docker.com/r/trafodion/quickstart/

Thanks,
Eason

Re: Trafodion 2.0 docker image

Posted by Nitin Lamba <nl...@apache.org>.
Indeed!!

The developer docker image in the repo [1] should probably be updated as
well. Will try it out this weekend...

Nitin
[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/tree/master/tools/docker

Posted by Venkat Muthuswamy <ve...@esgyn.com>.
Nice !

I'll try it out.

Thanks for doing this Eason.

Venkat

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.
This is very great stuff, I will have a try.
It must be very convenient for people who want to try out Trafodion. Only a few commands to set everything up... thanks Eason for doing this!

Thanks,
Ming