Posted to user@storm.apache.org by David Bieber <da...@hioscar.com> on 2014/07/29 17:51:24 UTC

Inter-node Communication

Hi, I'm using the Blowfish Tuple Serializer and want to verify that it is
working on a running topology. Is there a way to force a topology to run on
multiple machines and therefore have to communicate across nodes?

With the topologies I've run so far, Storm arranges the processes to run on
a single machine, and inter-process communication is done via unix sockets
(which I have yet to find a way to listen on).

I'd like to be able to listen to the tuples being passed between processes
(ideally between nodes) with and without Blowfish in order to verify that
Blowfish is indeed encrypting the tuples.

We're running Storm on Mesos.

David