Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> on 2013/06/28 21:56:42 UTC

Stratos Code base now in git repo.

Hi All,

I have commit WSO2 Stratos code base to Apache as it is. [1] . Lets start
the party now!!
As the first step will change code based to org.apache and get build thing
first. then will start on the re-factor.

PS: Unfortunately I forgot to set my global git config and first commit
went like "author Your Name <yo...@example.com>" :(

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-stratos.git

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.

Re: Stratos Code base now in git repo.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Folks, I am keen to know what the next steps are, so that I could help
too...

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I do not have any issues on having the history. Rather I was questioning I
how valuable this is with the kinds of refactorings going to come in.

It is time to focus on way forward.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
No thats doesn't have branch or tag. We have just copied all our stratos
stuff to one place. Inside that we have preserve commit history. (Not in
the top level but lower level). What we wanted to migrate this code base to
git with all commit history. I have used git-svn tool. But its only
captured top level of commit history. that was the issue.

In the wso2 we have one platform concept and all product are develop under
that. Stratos was also there. we hadn't separate repo or branch for it. So
we have copied all stratos related stuff to scratch area. In scratch there
is no branch or tags.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
And please change code headers to [1]

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.
I will work on CLI

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Seems like it take some time and work need to migrate svn history to git.
> So will decide go with out history. Will start code changes to org.apache.
> I will start on Stratos agent and Cloud Controller changes. Other
> commiters please take owner ship and help to migrate code based to apache.
> We have following left.
>
>    - Stratos LB
>    - Stratos Controller
>    - Cloud Controller
>    - CLI

will work on Stratos Controller

> thanks
>

> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
>> Lakmal:
>>
>> Can you provide me a list of users from svn log, but in git log format:
>>
>> See this document if you have questions or need some code to automate it:
>> http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/docs/hosted_git_to_svn.txt
>>
>> --David
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi David,
>> >
>> > Need to migrate [1] to git with all commit history.
>> >
>> > [1] https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/scratch/stratos2
>> >
>> > thanks

>> you

>> Git. We
>> structure
>> take lop

>> IDEs.
>> much
>> preserving
>> are no

>> listed

>> > --
>> > Lakmal Warusawithana
>> > Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.
>> > Mobile : +94714289692
>> > Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/
>> >

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

*Sajith Kariyawasam*
*Senior Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.*
*AMIE (SL)*
*Blog: http://sajithblogs.blogspot.com/*
*Mobile: +94772269575*

Re: Stratos Code base now in git repo.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Udara will work collaboratively.

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

--
Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Seems like it take some time and work need to migrate svn history to git.
> So will decide go with out history. Will start code changes to org.apache.
> I will start on Stratos agent and Cloud Controller changes. Other
> commiters please take owner ship and help to migrate code based to apache.
> We have following left.

+1

>    - Stratos LB
>
> I'll start working on Stratos LB.

>    - Stratos Controller
>    - Cloud Controller
>    - CLI
>

> thanks
>

> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
>> Lakmal:
>>
>> Can you provide me a list of users from svn log, but in git log format:
>>
>> See this document if you have questions or need some code to automate it:
>> http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/docs/hosted_git_to_svn.txt
>>
>> --David
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi David,
>> >
>> > Need to migrate [1] to git with all commit history.
>> >
>> > [1] https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/scratch/stratos2
>> >
>> > thanks

>> you

>> Git. We
>> structure
>> take lop

>> IDEs.
>> much
>> preserving
>> are no

>> listed

>> > --
>> > Lakmal Warusawithana
>> > Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.
>> > Mobile : +94714289692
>> > Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/
>> >

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.

Re: Stratos Code base now in git repo.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Lakmal:

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by sanjeewa rangana <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is very convenient to be able to see the commit history using IDEs. If
> we have to go find the code in the old WSO2 repos, it would be much
> cumbersome. Since it is not too difficult to do the move while preserving
> the history, why not  do it? There can only be benefits, and there are no
> cons of doing it.

+1. I think would be useful. How should we handle this for the users not in
initial committer list?

Thanks.

--

*Sanjeewa Malalgoda
**B.Sc. Engineering(Hons)

*
Mobile +94713068779

http://sanjeewamalalgoda.blogspot.com/

[image: http://www.stcuthberts.com/Images/Think%20before%20you%20print.gif]<http://sanjeewamalalgoda.blogspot.com/>

Re: Stratos Code base now in git repo.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
Lakmal,

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Also, Jenkins server. We need to setup that too... please let know when we
can start dealing with the repo, so that I can help too...

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
So what is the plan to re-factor? I mean what is the sequence of actions to
change package names to org.apache etc?

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.