Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sal Fuentes <fu...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/15 01:38:12 UTC

Cassandra Certification

Are there any organizations planning on offering certification for
Cassandra?

--
Salvador Fuentes Jr.

Re: Cassandra Certification

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
A friends friend developed the FreeBSD certification. It is a actually a
difficult process either you need to give thousands of dollars to a place
like prometrics or you need to have people across the world that can
administer the test. You also need to design and keep changing the test
because it is sad but people cheat all the time. Check Google for (ccna test
answers). Some companies even make businesses of helping you cheat/prepare.

It would be cool but the biggest problem is administering the test around
the us/world.

Stax training http://www.datastax.com/events
> Cheers
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
> On 15/08/2011, at 5:56 PM, Joe Stein wrote:
>
> Certification is good when a community gets to the point that proverbial
management cannot easily discern between posers and those that know what
they are talking about.  I hope one day Cassandra and it's community grows
to that point but as of now there is enough transparency in my opinion.
> I would no more get a Cassandra certification than I would get one from
Cloudera for Hadoop (no offense) nor even a CISSP (which I could do also).
> I would rather see a certification in "scalable distributed computing
solutions" paramount to what the CSA (Cloud Security Alliance) has done with
security.  Cassandra is the answer in a lot of situations, but not always
the answer.  It is probably one of the best tools in your toolbox.
> As the saying goes => a man with a hammer every problem is a nail, DON'T
BE THAT GUY.
> My .02121513E9 cents
>
> /*
> Joe Stein
> Chief Architect @medialets <http://www.medialets.com/>
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
> */
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:23 AM, samal <sa...@wakya.in> wrote:
>>
>> Does it really make sense?
>> If yes, I think Apache Cassandra Project (ASF) should offer Open
Certification. Other entity can offer courses, training materials.

Re: Cassandra Certification

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by samal <sa...@wakya.in>.