Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Harrie Hazewinkel <ha...@jrc.it> on 1997/01/07 17:31:54 UTC

byte counts

Hi all,

I am busy with getting the bytes count out of apache server.
This are not only the content bytes count out, but also the header
bytes and those which are received.

I have discovered a couple of things not completely clear to me.

1.
Is it correct that an message-body cannot be received?
Said otherwise, is it only possible to receive the request-line and
the message-headers?

2.
when are all bytes of the response written towards the client?
Is first the complete response created and then sent away or is this
during the creation of the response?

3.
Does the number of outcount of the bytes in the output buffer change
during sending??

I hope that this is enough info to provide me some answers,
otherwise I will produce more clarification.

thanks by advance,
Harrie

0----------------------------------------------------------0
   Harrie Hazewinkel
   Email  : harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it
   WWW    : http://porto.jrc.it/    [-with SNMP-]
   Postal : Centre for Earth Observation
            Institute for Space Applications
            Joint Research Centre of the E.C. - TP. 950
            Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy
   Phone  : 39+(0)332+789384
   Fax    : 39+(0)332+785461

Ik ben Harrie en ben 27 jaar en doe SNMP na. MIB, MIB.