Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/01/05 23:02:14 UTC

jndi error configuring data source

I am trying to configure database pooling in Tomcat 4.1.31. I found some excellent documentation here
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

I followed this exactly for mysql (top article).

I created the DBTest web-app precisely, and all folders exist and web.xml file is good.
My webapp is under root/DBTest/WEB-INF/classes
                                                              /lib/mm.mysql-bin.jar
                                                              web.xml

The server starts properly, so I know my configuration is good. The problem is I get an error stating that it cannot find the jar file for the mysql driver when I hit the test page. (ERROR_BELOW)
Anyway, I followed the article precisely, and noticed that they hit localhost:8080. My tomcat is running on 80 and at my IP address as you can see below.
Would this be why it cannot find the jar file? I am looking at the ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009 and wondering if there is something else that needs configuring?

Would like to get this running if possible.

Thank you
Scott

        INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-192.168.66.90-80
Jan 5, 2005 3:52:27 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Jan 5, 2005 3:52:27 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=15/532  config=C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\conf\jk2.prop
erties
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'org.g
jt.mm.mysql.Driver', cause:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:945)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:810)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:730)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
.java:518)
        at foo.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:23)
        at org.apache.jsp.test_jsp._jspService(test_jsp.java:49)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:92)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper
.java:162)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
40)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:200)

RE: jndi error configuring data source

Posted by Roberto Rios <ro...@innovaction.com.br>.
Hi,

Put the JDBC jar in [TOMCAT]/common/lib

Do not place it inside your own application lib folder

Bob