Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org> on 2022/02/22 13:57:40 UTC

Cherry-picking topic compaction fixes to branch-2.7

Hi all,

I want to start a discussion for cherry-picking topic compaction fixes[1]
into branch-2.7.
Mainly based on the following considerations:

1. Without these fixes, the reader will skip data from the compacted topic
2. The compactor might skip some data which introduced data lost in some
cases
3. The system topic uses the compacted topic which means without these
fixes, the topic policy will not work as expected, and we have
cherry-picked all the topic policy fixes[2] into branch-2.7

Previously, we only cherry-picked these fixes into branch-2.8 and
branch-2.9.

WDYT?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Arelease%2F2.7.6+is%3Aclos[
…]l%3Acomponent%2Fcompaction+-label%3Acherry-picked%2Fbranch-2.7+
[2]
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues?page=2&q=label%3Acomponent%2Ftopic-policy+is%3Aclosed

Thanks,
Penghui

Re: Cherry-picking topic compaction fixes to branch-2.7

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.
Sorry, the wrong link was provided in the last email.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Arelease%2F2.7.6+is%3Aclosed+label%3Acomponent%2Fcompaction+-label%3Acherry-picked%2Fbranch-2.7+

Penghui