Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric Howard <g6...@sneakemail.com> on 2007/03/21 14:35:27 UTC

How to trigger a hook for a svn lock failure

Hi, I am trying to accomplish the following:

When a user tries to get a lock for a file and fails (because it is already locked by another user) the user would get an email when the other user releases the lock.

I thought that the logical way to do this would be to modify the pre-lock hook which seemed to have a check for ownership (mis)matches.  However it appears that  the lock ownership check is performed at a higher level and pre-lock is never triggered.  Is there any other way to hook into lock failure detection.  My server version is  version 1.3.1.

Thank You!

-- Eric --