Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Amit Pundir <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/24 19:54:19 UTC

slowClientQueueLimit and messageQueueLimit

Hello Everyone,

To manage the slow clients, Ignite provides 'slowClientQueueLimit'
configuration on TcpCommunicationSpi.
There is another configuration 'messageQueueLimit'.

Could you please help me understand the difference between the two and
whether -

1. slowClientQueueLimit is configured on server nodes only, or client nodes
only or on both?
2. messageQueueLimit is configured on server nodes only, or client nodes
only or on both?

Thanks

Re: slowClientQueueLimit and messageQueueLimit

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
messageQueueLimit provides back pressure. If there are too many outbound
pending messages in the queue, sender will wait until at least one of the
messages is sent.

slowClientQueueLimit is the maximum amount of outbound messages to a client
node before that client is kicked out from topology. This is done to make
sure slow clients do not cause overall degradation.

Configuration for TcpCommunicationSpi is typically the same on all nodes,
including servers and clients. I don't see a reason to have different values
on different nodes.

-Val