Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Gabor Kaszab <ga...@apache.org> on 2022/11/02 14:00:42 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Content of Iceberg 1.1.0 release

Thanks for the inputs!

@Yufei As I see #6026 was merged recently so this should be fine.

There are 2 outstanding items targeted for 1.1.0:
1) https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/6031
*@Dmitri* Could you please give us an update about this? Can we expect this
to be closed in the next - let's say - week?

2) https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/4826
*@Ajantha* Similar question: you pinged me to put this into 1.1.0 but as I
see this has been ongoing since May. Do you feel this is going to be merged
soon?

*In general about the release frequency*:
I asked around about the plan on how frequently we can expect a new Iceberg
release from this point on and what I could learned is that the plan would
be to have them quite often (once in a month or two?) but it's hard to say
because this is going to be the first one after 1.0.0. We'll see how
smoothly this and the next release goes.
In general we shouldn't wait long for any specific patch and push
everything unfinished to the next release considering there is going to be
one soon after the current. Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Gabor

Posted by Gabor Kaszab <ga...@apache.org>.
Hey Everyone,

Let me give you a quick update on the status of releasing 1.1.0. We did a
cut last Thursday from latest master but then I was a bit overwhelmed to
continue with the next steps right away. Well, this has been days ago now
and it sounds reasonable to do another cut from a more recent state of the
master branch. Meanwhile, I got a request that we definitely should include
#6146 <https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/6146> to enable revapi on
some of the modules.

So we kind of re-opened the 1.1.0 release for this PR and I figured it
would be fair to give everyone in this community the chance to squeeze in
their (really) last minute PRs into the release. In case you have any PRs
that you feel that should be part of 1.1.0 and you expect to finish in the
upcoming days then let me know and I'll add them into the milestone
<https://github.com/apache/iceberg/milestone/24> so that we can keep track.

Cheers,
Gabor

Posted by Gabor Kaszab <ga...@apache.org>.