Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2013/01/14 18:35:28 UTC

[VOTE] BookKeeper 4.2.0 Release Candidate 0

This is the first release candidate for Apache BookKeeper, version 4.2.0.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12320244&styleName=Html&projectId=12311293

*** Please download, test and vote by January 18th 2013, 10:00 GMT.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
for convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~ivank/bookkeeper-4.2.0-candidate-0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-127/

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/tags/release-4.2.0/

BookKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/dist/KEYS

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
and run a bookkeeper and hedwig service.

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.2.0 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Cool! Thanks Ivan and community.

-Sijie

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G <ma...@huawei.com>.
Great news!,  great work by Ivan and community.

Regards,
Uma

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G <ma...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matteo Merli <mm...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Great job Ivan!

Thanks,
Matteo

On Jan 18, 2013, at 1:02 AM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:

Awesome job, Ivan and community!  I'm very happy to see this one through.

-Flavio

On Jan 18, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>> wrote:

[...]

Matteo Merli
Technical Yahoo!
mmerli@yahoo-inc.com<ma...@yahoo-inc.com>
Direct (408) 336-6035  Mobile (408) 320-6104

701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA, 94089-0703, US
Phone (408) 349-3300  Fax (408) 349-3301

[cid:C10883CC-5E94-48D2-ADDC-1564DA2946E6@corp.yahoo.com]

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.2.0 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
Great news and thanks for the effort Ivan!

+1,  ran all our test cases, started mini hdfs cluster with bookies.

-Rakesh

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.
+1 looks great ivan!

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.
+1, I ran tests, started bookies and a hub, and checked rat, licenses, and binaries; it looks great to me.

-Flavio

FW: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.2.0 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G <ma...@huawei.com>.
Well done, Ivan :-)
+1. I ran the tests with BK and autorecovery enabled.

Nice efforts from BK community for making a good release with Nice features! Keep going.

Regards,
Uma

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
well done, Ivan.

+1, compiling and running tests from source bar, running hedwig and bookies
with binary bars, checked rat, licenses.

thanks,

-Sijie

Posted by Jiannan Wang <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Good job, Ivan. We all expect for this release and you did a great jobs on
it.
The code runs very well on my dev box, I'll merge all of changes into our
branch these two days.

Regards,
Jiannan

Posted by Jiannan Wang <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.