Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Greenbean <ur...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/03 17:02:57 UTC

XA Transaction Rollback With 5.5.1

I am are running in to a case where some XA transactions are getting stuck in
a prepared state in ActiveMQ most likely not through a fault of ActiveMQ.
This is causing Kaha data files to not get cleaned up.

I wrote a little code snip that will do a roll back of stuck transactions
while investigating the problem we were having with data files not cleaning
up.  Is there an existing utility in ActiveMQ that will print out
transactional information and allow the administrative rollback or commit of
prepared transactions similar to how it is possible to do this in databases?
If not, where would be an appropriate place for a utility like this in case
I wanted to submit some code to allow this type of administrative handling
of XA transactions in the KahaDB?

Re: XA Transaction Rollback With 5.5.1

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
I don't believe their currently is... If you want to open a jira and attach
a patch, that'd be great. Would be good to have some tests/usecases too.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Greenbean <ur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am are running in to a case where some XA transactions are getting stuck
> in
> a prepared state in ActiveMQ most likely not through a fault of ActiveMQ.
> This is causing Kaha data files to not get cleaned up.
>
> I wrote a little code snip that will do a roll back of stuck transactions
> while investigating the problem we were having with data files not cleaning
> up.  Is there an existing utility in ActiveMQ that will print out
> transactional information and allow the administrative rollback or commit
> of
> prepared transactions similar to how it is possible to do this in
> databases?
> If not, where would be an appropriate place for a utility like this in case
> I wanted to submit some code to allow this type of administrative handling
> of XA transactions in the KahaDB?

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: XA Transaction Rollback With 5.5.1

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
There is an mbean in 5.6 that will allow completion of recovered
transactions. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3305