Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2003/01/04 08:08:32 UTC

(silly?) mod_rewrite question

currently I'm looking through mod_rewrite to fix some issues (e.g. there's
some confusion with url root ('/') and filesystem root
(ap_os_is_path_absolute) that creates some problems on non-/-root systems
[like Win32]).

However, I stumbled across a piece of code, that I really don't understand
(yeah, it's mod_rewrite, I know ;-))

Please have a look at the conditions in line 2061 and line 2148.
I can't imagine, in what cases the latter ever will be true. As far as _I_
can see, all stuff that could be true there, will be handled by line 2061.

The latter was added in rev 1.56 (Ralf's big comment and cleanup fix in
Nov. 1997). But I can't extract from the log or the comments, why this
additional section is neccessary and when it is true.

Could someone enlighten me, please?

Thanks, nd
--
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else
use it, and get a new one every six months.  -- Clifford Stoll

                                    (found in ssl_engine_pphrase.c)