Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by Kazimierz Pogoda <mo...@ncdc.pl> on 2005/01/10 13:16:04 UTC

Bug in cornerstone-scheduler release

Some time ago I've downloaded cornerstone-scheduler-impl-2.0.0.jar from
the:
http://www.apache.org/dist/excalibur/cornerstone-scheduler/jars/
to use it in our project. New version of our project is using scheduling
very extensively.

We have noticed strange unreproducible scheduling problems affecting our
deployment, and after long investigation we have solve it. Here are the
results:

Wrong order of elements in priority queue, because of wrong
compareTo(Object) method implementation.

Decompiled code:
<code>
            public int compareTo(Object object)
            {
/* 119*/        TimeScheduledEntry other = (TimeScheduledEntry)object;
/* 120*/        return (int)(-(other.m_time - m_time));
            }
</code>

In excalibur subversion repository this bug is fixed.

Please. Release new bugfix release of cornerstone components and provide
sources for 2.0.0. It was very annoying bug to solve. :(
How many other cornerstone users will face this problem?

--
"the spirit can only withdraw into a corner. And yet, it is not at all
 worn out or superfluous, but, like an (eternal) witness, floats above

Re: Bug in cornerstone-scheduler release

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Hi Kazimierz!

On 10-01-2005 13:16, "Kazimierz Pogoda" <mo...@ncdc.pl> wrote:
> Please. Release new bugfix release of cornerstone components and provide
> sources for 2.0.0. It was very annoying bug to solve. :(

I'm afraid a new cornerstone release may be some time away, since someone
needs to find the time to do it, which we only want to do after things like
documentation are properly back online.

However, sources for 2.0.0 are available through svn:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/tags/CORNERSTONE_2_0_0_FINAL/avalon-c
omponents/cornerstone/datasources/

Best regards,

Leo Simons