Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/12 21:52:21 UTC

Re: Anyone want to help?

In the case of CollectionUtils, I don't see why we shouldn't keep the
existing implementation. In most cases, it would be better to replace
the use of this class with Guava, but, to the extent that we are using
it, we're not going to find a better implementation in 'commons' that
replaces Olivier's thing.

Re: Anyone want to help?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
There's no good way to use Guava to replace the existing code from
olamy inside of CollectionUtils.

The situation is this:

Existing code makes plain java.util.Collections objects, and uses
CollectionUtils to perform some multi-set-ish operations on them.

Hopeful future code would use Guava multi-collection objects, and just
use their native methods for mult-set-is operations.

Guava doesn't have a superior mechanism for starting with plain
collections and doing this stuff.

Re: Anyone want to help?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Anyone want to help?