Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Sayre <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/20 00:26:46 UTC

I keep getting prompted for Basic Authentication

I have a 2 separate tomcat server with about 20 webapps set up.  I
recently added a new webapp, this webapp has all the same web.xml and
server.xml setting as the rest of the applications.  On the second
server, when I log into the new webapp and start navigating I get
prompted for my user name and password every time a go to a new page.
If I don't enter the user and pass, the page still loads.  I can
cancel the password dialog and the page will load normally.  The app
is using basic auth and authenticating off a database.  This same
environment on the first server is not having the problem.  I also
noticed this only happens in internet explorer, Firefox works
normally.

Are there any settings that I might have set that would be causing
this?  I checked my settings on both servers and I can't notice any
difference.

Thank you,

Rich

Re: I keep getting prompted for Basic Authentication

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Just out of my mind, i remember a case here where Internet Explorer was
keeping a copy of session cookie that was in contradiction with the
;JESSSIONID part of URL. For some reason it had kept alive a session
cookie after exit and tried to reuse it. The effect was strange
behaviour of session, as it was like session was constantly switched
between session1 and session2. Solution was to completly clean cookies
on IE client and restart it.

Could you check the list of cookies in IE when this happens?

En l'instant précis du 20/07/07 09:38, Johnny Kewl s'exprimait en ces
termes:

http://www.noooxml.org/

Re: I keep getting prompted for Basic Authentication

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.