Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by vsp <v-...@mail.ru> on 2007/05/29 13:38:54 UTC

Content-Based Router - questions

Whether I can construct such route by means of the Content-Based Router
(CBR)?:

                                                                   <-> SE 1
(changing a message and return it to CBR)
                 Quartz -> EIP-Pipeline <-> IP-CBR  <-> SE 2 (changing a
message and return it to CBR)
                                                             \     <-> SE 3
(changing a message and return it to CBR)
                                                              \> SE 4 (final
of the route)

Which type of messages Content-Based Router sends? (InOnly or InOut)

And another question: how to make transform from InOut message to InOnly
message?

Re: Content-Based Router - questions

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

I don't think the content-based router can be used to re-route the
response message, e.g. the response message coming from SE 1 won't be
evaluated by the router.  You can use a static routing slip to reroute
the response coming out of the CBR back in there several times to get
the desired behavior.  Off course, if you always have to call on the 4
SE's, you're better off just using the static routing slip without the
CBR.  The Content-Based Router can send both types of message exchanges,
InOnly and InOut.

AFAIK, there is no built-in solution to transform from InOut to InOnly.
  You probably need to develop a service that is able to receive the
InOut and answer it, while forwarding the in message to the next service.

Gert

P.S. Your routing use case might be a good match for Apache Camel (rule
based routing and mediation engine), but I have no idea how to combine
it with ServiceMix.