Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jack Park <ja...@thinkalong.com> on 2004/12/31 18:04:40 UTC

New distro 1.2.1 questions

I just saw the announcement for 1.2.1, downloaded and booted it, then
got several page not found errors, like trying to see the tutorial, and
so forth. I also get a few other errors. For example,

I added an entry to Lenya's blog.
I then clicked the "Site" tab and got this:
Unable to get transformer handler for
cocoon://lenya-page/blog/info/default.xml

I'm way too new to Lenya to grok what's going on. Probably I did
something wrong, but booting from the install.exe shouldn't get these
errors. Yes?

Thanks
Jack

Re: New distro 1.2.1 questions

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@thinkalong.com>.
I have now assigned the new login to a group. Even added a group :)
Can someone tell me about missing pages. Like search.

I'm in admin from a blog, and search goes here:
http://localhost:8888/blog/admin/lucene.html
which gets a 404 error.

As a card-carrying hacker, I tried:
http://localhost:8888/admin/lucene.html
on a hunch.  That got a resource not found error, as if it was really
looking for that file.

http://localhost:8888/lucene.html
got another 404 error.

You know, Lenya really wants to find a page called lucene.html
In fact, it doesn't exist in the distribution that's made from the .exe
installer, anywhere.

What's missing?
Thanks
Jack

Re: New distro 1.2.1 questions

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@thinkalong.com>.
Given that I have yet to RTFM (only read parts of it, not the part where
it (probably) says I must assign a group, I did not assign the new login
to a group. It might be helpful to say something about that in the
prompts (heck, maybe it did -- I'm a practicing dyslexic).

I'll try it again.
Thanks
Jack

Re: New distro 1.2.1 questions