Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by shrikant kalani <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/11 02:48:14 UTC

Authorisation in Zookeeper

Hi Zookeeper Users

I have implemented TLS authentication in my cluster. Right now the authentication is done based on host name (X509).

Now I want to implement authorisation based on user I’d  like only my system account should be able to read write data to znodes.

How I can do that ? Is ACLs is the only solution ?

Thanks
Srikant Kalani

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Authorisation in Zookeeper

Posted by Arpit Jain <ja...@gmail.com>.
Which authorization scheme is used for this kind of authorization using
Unix user ids?

Thanks

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno lun 13 gen 2020 alle ore 11:06 shrikant kalani <
shrikantkalani@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Enrico ,
>
> Do you have some examples to show.

I am sorry, personally I don't examples, I am not a direct user of this
feature.
I hope others on the list can give practical examples

You can check the guide here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ZooKeeper+SSL+User+Guide

Enrico

> Right now my user is authenticated based on host level certs.  How should
> I add the scheme and then add authorisation rule ?
>
> Thanks
> Srikant Kalani
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes ACLs are your way to go

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno sab 11 gen 2020 alle ore 09:31 shrikant kalani <
shrikantkalani@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> My system account means a client process running with unix user id.
>
> I want user A to have full access while all other users should only read
> data from znodes.

Yes ACLs are your way to go

Enrico

Posted by shrikant kalani <sh...@gmail.com>.