Posted to users@maven.apache.org by TM <Th...@unibas.ch> on 2009/01/22 12:06:24 UTC

Assembly plugin 2.2-beta-2 shows odd behavior regarding dependencies inclusion

Hello,

we face a rather advanced requirement regarding creation of various
assemblies in a multimodule project. What we are trying to achieve is as
follows.

Assume there is a root project P consisting of multiple module projects M1,
..., Mn (hierarchy depth max. 1). From the root POM we create various
assemblies in the usual way (one descriptor file for each assembly; not
attached to the build lifecycle). That works fine. Now, we also need to
create yet another assembly just for one module, say M1. Whatever we have
tried so far, we were not able to get it working without the overall build
to fail, or at least without achieving exactly what we need.

The only configuration where the overall build did not fail is to put the
assembly descriptor for M1 to the root POM together with the other ones.
Unfortunately, the file name of the packaged assembly will then always start
with the artifactId and version number of P, rather than the artifactId and
version of M1.

Whenever we put the maven assembly plugin in the POM of M1, in addition to
the assembly plugin in the root POM, the build does fail with various error
messages. We tried both to attach execution to the package lifecycle, or to
use standalone execution using assembly:assembly on the command line. We
also tried almost every combination of single, attached, and assembly mojo
when execution is attached to the package build lifecycle. All without
success.

The question is whether this constellation was taken into account at design
time of the assembly plugin, thus, whether it is possible at all. If not,
should I file a feature request.

BTW, we use assembly plugin 2.2-beta-3 and Maven 2.0.9.

Regards,
Thorsten

Re: Assembly plugin 2.2-beta-2 shows odd behavior regarding dependencies inclusion

Posted by TM <Th...@unibas.ch>.
Sorry, the subject of this posting is false. I used Nabble to post that
message and for some strange reason it used a subject from an earlier
posting. I re-posted this message with the correct subject.

-- Thorsten