Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Amit Singh F <am...@ericsson.com> on 2016/01/12 08:07:03 UTC

Upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.2.x documentation missing

Hi,

We are currently at Cassandra 2.0.14 in production and since it going to be EOL soon so we are planning to upgrade it to Cassandra 2.2.4 (http://cassandra.apache.org/download/) which is the currently production ready version. While doing some analysis we found that there is no such entry of 2.2 branch in datastax documentation (http://docs.datastax.com/en/upgrade/doc/upgrade/cassandra/upgradeC_c.html) which guides on how to reach 2.2.x from 2.0.x .

Can somebody guide us on the Upgrade path which needs to be followed while upgrading from 2.0.x to 2.2.x  .
Quick response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Regards
Amit Singh

Re: Upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.2.x documentation missing

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.

(cc'ing docs@)

> Can somebody guide us on the Upgrade path which needs to be followed
> while upgrading from 2.0.x to 2.2.x  .

The canonical source for Apache Cassandra upgrade documentation is
NEWS.txt. Here's the cassandra-2.2 branch NEWS.txt file - read all
entries since your current release:

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.2/NEWS.txt

The typical Cassandra upgrade path is through the latest of each major
release, so from 2.0.latest -> 2.1.latest -> 2.2.latest. However, you
may be able to go from your 2.0.14 to 2.1.latest - read NEWS.txt to see
if that is the case, and test your upgrades in your staging env!

--
Kind regards,
Michael