Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Pavan Sudheendra <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/16 08:11:27 UTC

Hadoop Priviledged User Error!

Hi ,

Can anyone give me details why i'm getting the below error?

06:08:34,313 ERROR UserGroupInformation:1411 -
PriviledgedActionException as:root (auth:SIMPLE)
cause:org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission
denied: user=root, access=WRITE,
inode="/user":hdfs:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x

--
Regards-
Pavan

Re: Hadoop Priviledged User Error!

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
read the error

denied: user=root, access=WRITE,inode="/user":hdfs:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x

you are executing the command as user root (remember a linux user root has
no root level access to hdfs) .
Your user (root) does not have write permission to "/user"
either create a directory as user hdfs and then give root user write
permission or change permissions on /user so that root can write into it

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Priviledged User Error!

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.