Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ryan Hunt <rh...@hp.com> on 2003/12/09 21:22:23 UTC

Bizarre version number change

I just complied 0.34.0 as checked out from tags/0.34.0.  When I run a
--version on it i get:

=> /home/rhunt/pub/source/build_svn/subversion/clients/cmdline/svn
--version
svn, version 0.34.0 (dev build)
    compiled Dec  9 2003, 13:41:15

however when I cp that to a file server so all the clients can mount it
I get:

=> cp /home/rhunt/pub/source/build_svn/subversion/clients/cmdline/svn .
=> ./svn --version
svn, version 0.29.0 (r6976)
    compiled Sep 26 2003, 17:33:58

seems pretty strange anyone have and idea what might cause this and how
to fix it?

I used this method for 0.29.0 and now it seems like it is stuck in that
mode.

-Ryan

Re: Bizarre version number change

Posted by Brian Mathis <bm...@directedge.com>.
Something like this is almost always because you're getting a different
binary in your path.  Try 'which svn' to see what's actually getting
executed.  You might also try 'locate svn' to see if there are any other
copies on the server.

Ryan Hunt wrote:

> I just complied 0.34.0 as checked out from tags/0.34.0.  When I run a
> --version on it i get:
>
> => /home/rhunt/pub/source/build_svn/subversion/clients/cmdline/svn
> --version
> svn, version 0.34.0 (dev build)
>    compiled Dec  9 2003, 13:41:15
>
> however when I cp that to a file server so all the clients can mount
> it I get:
>
> => cp /home/rhunt/pub/source/build_svn/subversion/clients/cmdline/svn .
> => ./svn --version
> svn, version 0.29.0 (r6976)
>    compiled Sep 26 2003, 17:33:58
>
> seems pretty strange anyone have and idea what might cause this and
> how to fix it?
>
> I used this method for 0.29.0 and now it seems like it is stuck in
> that mode.
>
> -Ryan

Brian Mathis
http://directedge.com/b/