Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Peter Ledbrook <pe...@cacoethes.co.uk> on 2009/08/21 17:45:10 UTC

isRemembered() on Subject?

Hi,

A user has suggested that Subject should have an isRemembered()
method. Does that make sense to people? You can find the original
request in the Grails Plugins JIRA:

  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS-435

Cheers,

Peter

Re: isRemembered() on Subject?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
My initial vote would be a 0 since its probably not necessary given
that the functionality already exists in the public API. That is,

remembered === subject.getPrincipal() != null && !subject.isAuthenticated();

But if the community feels strongly that this is something that should
be on the interface, I don't think I'd have that much of a problem
voting in favor for it - my foremost desire is to see that the
community has a clean and intuitive API that they enjoy using.

Peter, in your experience with the Grails community, how often does
the desire for this type of method call or JSP tag remain after they
learn about the semantics between being remembered and authenticated?

- Les