Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/19 20:10:31 UTC

pooledconnection & tccl?

Hi,

org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.PooledConnection#connectUsingDriver uses tomcat
classloader to create the driver, couldn't it be the TCCL?

this way it could allow to provide the driver in the webapp.

*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*Twitter: @rmannibucau*
*Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com*

Re: pooledconnection & tccl?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Filip,

On 8/22/12 9:12 AM, Filip Hanik (mailing lists) wrote:
> I've thought about this, you see if it is using TCCL it will cause a memory
> leak on app reload as the app wont be unloaded due to the pool holding it.
> But I think we should make it an option

It's always been my position that DataSources created due to webapp
configuration (e.g. <Context>/<Resource>) ought to be cleaned-up on
webapp undeploy, but there hasn't seemed to be much interest in that.

-chris

RE: pooledconnection & tccl?

I've thought about this, you see if it is using TCCL it will cause a memory
leak on app reload as the app wont be unloaded due to the pool holding it.
But I think we should make it an option

Best
Filip

Re: pooledconnection & tccl?