Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by fatih arıkan <ft...@hotmail.com> on 2009/02/13 16:11:13 UTC

Starting tomcat from jar file‏ (from another service)

Hello all, I want to make a service program for windows that runs tomcat standalone in it. I did a win32 .exe that creates service and runs jar file with JNI code. Firstly I made my own jar file which writes to a file with start command and it worked. Then I used this exe with tomcat's bootstrap.jar and I used "apache/org/catalina/startup/Bootstrap" as class path. However tomcat didn't work with this. On windows command line I started tomcat with "java -jar bootstrap.jar start". and it works. However it doesn't work from my service. I am trying to do something like procrun(tomcat6w.exe and tomcat6.exe). I searched for procrun code but it is not up-to-date I think. I couldn't compile it with visual studio(gives errors).

So I am searching for, how I can run tomcat from jar file in my service. Any help appreciated !Thanks,Fatih.
Windows Live™ Photos ile fotoğraflarınızı kolayca  paylaşımı.

Re: Starting tomcat from jar file‏ (from another service)