Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by JimParinisi <ji...@eitny.com> on 2008/11/13 17:29:56 UTC

What is command to show contents of AIX XercesC archive

Two versions of XML-xercesc are installed (xerces-c-src_2_8_0,
xerces-c1_5_1-AIX43) on the AIX machines i use.  I have been using the AIX43
version for several years and i am switching to the 2_8_0 version.  I am
getting link errors (using some deprecated classes).  the AIX ar command
(with options -tv)does not work on either of the xerces .a files
(libxerces-c28.0.a, libxerces-c1_5_1.a).  Is there another command i can use
to display the content of these xerces .a files?

Re: What is command to show contents of AIX XercesC archive

Posted by JimParinisi <ji...@eitny.com>.
A colleague and i downloaded and made the Xerces lib two more times (64-bit
then 32-bit).  The 32-bit version seemed to work.  (The .a files we made had
a different size all 3 times we ran the make.) When i linked my program with
the Xerces lib, all the Xerces load errors disappeared.  I am left with just
one load error that is has nothing to do with Xerces, so i cannot run the
program yet.
P.S. I did not need the xerces-depdom.a file to get rid of the errors.
      Again my thanks to Dale and Boris.

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi,

Posted by JimParinisi <ji...@eitny.com>.
Thank you for your quick response.  The ar command failed on an AIX 5.3
machine as well as the AIX 5.1 machine.  My company does not have an AIX 5.2
machine.  I did get some useful information from the command 'dump -t
libxerces-c28.0.a|grep "DOM_"|pg' which told me that deprecated classes like
DOM_Node are in the .a file.  So I and a few of my colleagues are planning
to download xerces again and compare the results with the original download.

Posted by "EXT-Pennington, Dale K" <da...@boeing.com>.