Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arfeen Khan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/02 17:42:23 UTC

Regarding surefire plugin usage

Hi There,

Not sure if this is the correct way to communicate for surefire related
help. Please forgive me if its not.

This is regarding suefire plugin feature for my use case.

I have maven project, and running running mvn test executes test cases
within a separate process.

My ask is: Is there any way to run tests by attaching to an existing
process? So that tests can use the attached process environment.

I found surefire has JVMproperty, found here
<http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#jvm>,
but could not get how to set it, if this is correct understanding.

 The reason is: Test cases are heavily depend on environment setup, for
each test i don't want to waste time for setup and configuration, rather
focusing on problem to solve by tests.

Thank you.

-Arfeen.