Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by jalal <he...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2001/12/28 23:36:16 UTC

Re[2]: DOMString

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:12:25 -0500 Tobias McNulty <tm...@datadesk.com> wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.  [In the last paragraph,] by return do
> you mean release?  If so, I'm curious as to how one is supposed to
> deal with this Xerces-allocated memory, if normal system functions do
> not work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Toby

Well, I haven't tried this, but...
couldn't you try using the XMLString version of transcode, which allows you
to pass a buffer in:

bool
transcode (const XMLCh *const toTranscode,
           char *const toFill,
           const unsigned int maxChars)

called like:

DOMString somestring;
//...
char buff[MAX_LEN];
XMLString::transcode( somestring.rawBuffer(), buff, MAX_LEN );

Here the second parameter is a preassigned buffer. The only draw back is
that you need to know the length before hand.

HTH
jalal