Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2009/02/14 21:45:26 UTC

WIN32: Purpose of pollset in apr_file_t

Hi,

Someone knows what's the purpose of pollset in
apr_file_t and why is it created for each file?
I mean neither select nor WSAPoll can work on
file handles.

Here is snap from arch/win32/apr_arch_file_io.h:
     /* if there is a timeout set, then this pollset is used */
     apr_pollset_t *pollset;

Looking trough the code I cannot find any reference
to it, except inside apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout,
but that's apr private and used only on unix.

Removing it from apr_file_t struct and removing all
apr_pollset_create calls makes no difference on
win32 (well except lower memory usage)

Regards
--
^(TM)