Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/10/12 09:39:20 UTC

Karaf 2.2.4 and new MBeans bundle start level

Hi all,

Christian saw a "bug" in Karaf 2.2.4 (vote in progress).

Karaf 2.2.4 includes a set of new MBeans bundles. These bundles use the
default start-level (60) and so are not considered as system bundles.

However, from a semantic point of view, these MBeans bundles should be
seen as system bundles.

I'm going to update the trunk and karaf-2.2.x to define the start-level
as the others Karaf system bundles.

The question is: should we cancel the Karaf 2.2.4 and change the
start-level ?

My vote is:

+1 to cancel the release, make the start-level change, and re-cut the
release.

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf 2.2.4 and new MBeans bundle start level

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I am also +1 to cancel the release as this bug is very visible even if
it has very little consequences.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
I'm +/-1 on this cause I think this is a "bug" I could live with if it's
closed with 2.2.5

so I'm fine to keep it running :)

regards, Achim

2011/10/12 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>

> Hi all,
>
> Christian saw a "bug" in Karaf 2.2.4 (vote in progress).
>
> Karaf 2.2.4 includes a set of new MBeans bundles. These bundles use the
> default start-level (60) and so are not considered as system bundles.
>
> However, from a semantic point of view, these MBeans bundles should be seen
> as system bundles.
>
> I'm going to update the trunk and karaf-2.2.x to define the start-level as
> the others Karaf system bundles.
>
> The question is: should we cancel the Karaf 2.2.4 and change the
> start-level ?
>
> My vote is:
>
> +1 to cancel the release, make the start-level change, and re-cut the
> release.
>
> Regards
> JB
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

*Achim Nierbeck*

OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>  Committer &
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Karaf 2.2.4 and new MBeans bundle start level

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
The issue does not appear to be too large however I'd rather not push
out a release with a known bug.

So unless their is overwhelming support to move forward I'd be happy
to re-cut the 2.2.4 RC.

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.